Blog description

Adventures in homeschooling our little angels. Join us in finding out what lessons God has in store for us!

Monday, September 20, 2010

Today's Lesson

Before starting our lesson this morning, we reviewed our last lesson by tracing our fingers over our macaroni "G's". Then we worked on the letter "H". We started our lesson with this worksheet from Starfall. After finishing the worksheet, I had the girls turn it over to trace their hands. They then colored their hands according to the rainbow (the thumb was red, pointer orange etc. and the palm was purple).Next we did some crafty activities. I had cut out different sized hearts and traced them on paper. The girls had to match the cutout hearts to the traced shapes on the paper and paste them. Then we talked about which heart was the biggest, smallest, how many small hearts, how many big hearts and how many all together. This counted as our math lesson for the day.
Then we got out the playdoh to make some objects that start with "H". Zoe decided to make a hairy heart.


Sophie chose to make a playdoh guy wearing a hat.



I got in on the action too!
Zoe decided she was done doing playdoh, but Sophie wanted to keep playing. Zoe kept me company in the kitchen while I made snack (more on that in a minute), so I decided to try and extend the lesson. We talked about animals that hop, and then she practiced hopping on one foot. By then, Sophie had cleaned up her playdoh, so we hopped over (pun intended) to the family room for stories.



Why do I post pictures of our snack? For my own selfish reasons really. Sometimes I feel like I feed the girls the same things over and over, so it's fun to look back and revisit an old favorite. Today's plate included strawberries, bananas, grapes, homemade banana bread bites and cut up string cheese. They ate all but one smushed grape!



1 comment:

  1. You are AWESOME! Keep up the great work. I would love to homeschool but I dont think I have it in me to keep Van and Qs attention, or keep my sanity.

    Miss you guys! Q talks to you on his play phone almost everyday. Not the girls just his Miss Mara. He really misses you!

    Angie Lute

    ReplyDelete