Blog description

Adventures in homeschooling our little angels. Join us in finding out what lessons God has in store for us!

Monday, November 8, 2010

The Mailbox

I've been pulling a lot of ideas from The Mailbox website lately. They have a great free resource area, and you can sign up to get daily emails with ideas specifically for your own kid's age/grade level. I still have not spent money on anything except craft supplies (although I do have a wish list going - mostly storage solutions!).
After reviewing the letter "S" and practicing writing our "T's", the girls began working on the above worksheet. Sometimes I think the color by number or letter pages are too easy, but it is really good practice for following directions and working carefully, which Zoe (my "I finished first" child) needs to work on. We did alter this worksheet a little. Instead of having the girls color the leaves, we are crumpling tissue paper and gluing it on. I think they're going to look really pretty. We're also going to write a fall story to go with the picture. I will have them dictate the story and I'll do the actual printing.
We ended our day with the game "What's Your Move". It was fun to see the girls pick movements that we don't usually practice, such as leaping and taking giant steps.
Snack today was pbj triangles (made on those thin sandwich rounds), grapes and bananas.

No comments:

Post a Comment