Blog description

Adventures in homeschooling our little angels. Join us in finding out what lessons God has in store for us!

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Let's Get Crafty!

There's something about the fall weather that makes me feel like doing crafts. Maybe it's the opportunity to make some homemade decorations for the upcoming holidays or all the great craft stuff that seems to be on sale right now. Anyway, I thought I would share some of our items as well as some resources for craft ideas.

This is a yarn winding craft. I got this idea from Kids Craft Weekly. All you need for this craft is a toilet paper roll, yarn and double-sided tape. Both girls really enjoyed doing this.

Here is a craft that I read about, but I don't remember where...it might have been Kids Craft Weekly also. To make this, I used a leaf-shaped punch cutter on different fall colored papers (orange, red and yellow). Then I took a piece of contact paper, peeled it back halfway, and covered the sticky part with the leaves. I then peeled back the rest of the paper and folded the contact paper over itself. I used a hole punch, tied some yarn through it and hung it on the window.

When I cut out all of those leaf shapes, I was left with lots of scraps of paper with leaf shaped holes! I immediately came up with all kinds of ideas for using those scraps. Zoe tried out one idea: glue fall colored tissue paper to the backs and hang it on the window!

Yesterday we got together with another homeschooling family to do this beautiful craft from The Homeschool Classroom. While back east, we went on a few walks and collected lots of fall treasures specifically to do this craft when we got back. I think they turned out great and they are now lovely centerpieces for our table.





No comments:

Post a Comment